“Anne’s enthusiastic dedication to the education of the children of Alameda and beyond is inspiring to behold. Anne has my great respect and support as she is an outstanding board member with her thorough, thoughtful, collaborative style, helping AUSD to provide an excellent educational environment for children.”
Delaine Eastin, Former California Superintendent of Schools
I have dedicated the past 15 years to ensure every student has the opportunity to receive the best educational experience possible. As your school board member, I will continue this work by focusing on the following priorities:
AUSD salaries are the lowest in the county and we are losing highly qualified, dedicated teachers every year. I will continue to work to find ways to improve teacher salaries to a level that will ensure AUSD is a district that can hire and keep strong, qualified teachers.
Our facilities have seen many changes over the past few years, some planned, others not. Now is the time to expand our Master Facilities Plan from one of restoration to design for future growth and changes in instructional processes. Working with teachers, staff, students and the community, I will push to find the right solutions that will carry us well into the future.
Funding remains the primary problem facing AUSD and districts up and down our state. Though board members are limited to what changes they can make on a local level, I believe every board member must find ways to work in tandem with other districts to ensure we are all carrying the same message to Sacramento. As your school board member, I will work with County and State Associations on political advocacy until our state funds education at a level our students, families, teachers and community deserves.
I have been actively dedicated to the Alameda community and particularly public education since I arrived to the island in 2001.
- Alameda Unified School Board Trustee: Appointed March 2017
- Alameda Education Foundation Board Member: 2003 – March 2017
- Alameda Boys and Girls Club Board Member: 2014 – March 2017
- League of Women Voters of Alameda, Secretary: 2015 – 2016
- Measure I Bond Steering Committee: 2015
- AUSD Enrollment Committee Member: 2015 – 2016
- Measure A Parcel Tax Oversight Committee: 2011 – 2014, Chair: 2013 – 2014
- Measure A Parcel Tax Fundraising Chair: 2011
- Measure H Parcel Tax Volunteer: 2008
Business Experience and Acknowledgements
- Over 20 years experience in public and private accounting
- Bay East Association of Realtors, Realtor of the Year: 2017
- Bay East Association of Realtors Board of Director: 2017 to present
- Alameda Association of Realtors Board of Directors: 2011 – 2015, President: 2014
- Alameda Association of Realtors, Realtor of the Year: 2015
- California Association of Realtors Board of Directors: 2012 – present, Region 6 Regional Chair: 2017
- Featured in Northern California Top Agent Magazine: January 2016
- Moved to California in 1965 and attended public school along with her six siblings
- Graduated with Honors from San Jose State University, Accounting
- Mother of two adult children, both attended and graduated from public schools
- Daughter attended Chipman Middle School and Encinal High, graduating in 2007
Anne McKereghan For Alameda School Board 2018
Alameda, CA 94501